Veteran's Certification

Veterans' educational benefits are certified through the Office of Records and Registration. Veterans who wish to use their education benefits should first schedule an appointment with a NYS Veteran Benefits Advisor to complete the proper VA paperwork and receive their certificate of eligibility.  If eligible, please contact the Office of Records and Registration in Warren Hall to begin the certification process and provide the office with the required documentation.  More details can be found on our website at [1]

In accordance with the Veteran's Benefits and Transition Act of 2018 (Public Law 115-407), eligible GI Bill and Vocational Readiness and Employment (formerly known as Vocational Rehabilitation) students shall provide the college with a certificate of eligibility or valid VAF 28-1905. The college will not impose a penalty, including the assessment of late fees, denial of access to school facilities, or require the beneficiary to borrow additional funds, because of delayed VA payments.

The Power of SUNY
Plattsburgh University
Empire State College