Culinary and Baking Arts
Degree Type: AOS
Program Code: CBAR
Hegis Code: 5404.00
Degree Worksheet PDF: Download
|Recommended First Year|
|1-2||HRD100, HRD100A or HRD110|
|2||CUL131 (See Note 2)|
|2||CUL135 (See Note 3)|
|2||CUL140 or CUL143 (See Note 4)|
|1||CUL178 (See Note 5)|
|2||CUL133 (See Note 2)|
|2||CUL178 (See Note 5)|
|Recommended Second Year|
|2||CUL146 or CUL148 (See Note 6)|
|3||BUS102, BUS103, HOS 181 or HOS 193|
|2||CUL146 or CUL147 (See Note 6)|
1. In addition to textbook expenses, students in the Culinary Arts program are expected to purchase uniforms ($100+) and a knife set ($300+). Hats and/or hair nets are required by the New York State Health Code. Students will be required to comply with the dress and sanitation requirements of the NYS DOH. Note: The only jewelry permitted in cooking laboratories are wedding rings and waterproof watches. No nail polish or fake nails are allowed in cooking laboratories. No open toe shoes, boots, slippers or heels allowed in cooking laboratories (non-slip shoes and sneakers only). Full uniform attire is required for any food preparation activity in all labs and events at all times.
2. Students must take CUL131 and CUL133 in the first academic year but not same semester, either in the fall or spring.
3. CUL135 must be met in the first academic year either in the fall or spring semester.
4. Choices of Culinary Arts electives CUL140 or CUL143 must be taken in the first academic year.
5. Students must be enrolled in CUL 127 to register for 1 credit, enrolled in CUL 128 to register for 2 credits and have completed CUL 128 prior to enrolling for 3 credits. Internship site will be set up with instructor approval.
6. Choice of Culinary Arts electives CUL 146, CUL 147 or CUL 148 must be taken in the second academic year.