Federal Tax Credits

Students who pay by cash, check, credit card, or with federal student loans may be eligible to receive a tax credit. The tax credit is for tuition less any financial aid grants, scholarships or tuition reimbursement received. The Student Accounts Office provides a 1098-T each January identifying qualified charges and financial aid totals. You can also view and print your 1098-T tax information in the Student Account section of Self Service Banner.

Questions concerning these tax credits should be directed to a tax professional or IRS representative.

The Power of SUNY
Plattsburgh University
Empire State College